REGULAR UNION MEETING BRANCH 2589 – MAY 16, 2019
The Regular Branch Meeting of NALC Branch 2589, Lubbock, TX, was called to order by President Mike Links at 7:10 p.m. The invocation was given by Howard Steffens. The Membership then said the Pledge of Allegiance. The roll call of officers was then taken. All Officers were present except Fernando Small due to Death in Family. Members that were added to the list as ill were Alvin Williams, Baldo Longoria, Josh Chavez and Adrian Diaz. Mike Links read the attendance list for the May 9, 2019 Executive Board and Steward Meetings. Added to the lists were Fernando Small with a death in the family, Eric Casias and Howard Steffens were added due to working. Jeremy Ladd moved to approve the minutes of the last meeting as printed at tonight’s meeting due to technical issues and May newsletter not being published. The Motion was seconded by Penny Polk, the motion carried.
1. Getting signs for the outside of building is needed. We will get updated quotes and have discussion at next meeting.
2. Vince is currently working on getting a new credit card for union
3. The zone change issue is still being discussed but there is no date yet.
4. Annual leave settlement citywide for week of state convention not used at your station up for bid May 13th through the 23
5. Supervisors going around giving leave times, from programs not recognized by national, that are not accurate. Do your job properly and leave when your office duties and office break (if your office chose this) are completed.
1. We will be changing times of Board Meetings. Still second Tues but will be 6:00 for Officers and 6:30 for Stewards.
2. The refrigerator in meeting room has gone out. We will discuss at next board meeting on what to do to replace this. Anyone with ideas or have a working one to donate, please let your steward know.
3. Ask your supervisor if anyone wants to get water bottles purchased for station, there is supposed to be an account set up for this.
4. Regarding the loss of NO LUNCH, the union will receive a notice 30 days prior to this taking affect.
5. We are working out a trial period of a new column on the OTDL to volunteer at other stations when needed.
6. K. Perry brought up the idea to give V. Dipaolo 40 hours per year to use for Union training specific to his job title. A discussion followed. It was also brought up that this must be changed in by-laws and through by-laws committee.
7. There will be a work night and CCA round Table Next Thursday.
Let’s give a warm welcome to new members Jazmine Martinez, Guadalupe Deleon, David Gonzales, Robyn Piña, Crystal Sanchez, John Papandrev, Daniel Garza Jr., Debra Hollowell and Maria Garcia
For the Good of the Association
We are still in desperate need of uniforms. Eric Casias will be looking at and working on front door to prevent sticking before we pay someone to come out. Our condolences go out to Brother Fernando Small at the passing of his sister. Our condolences also go out to the family of Brother Frank Moore who passed away May 7, 2019 at the age of 85. After returning home from serving the Air Force from 1953 to 1962, he went to work for the USPS until his retirement in 1990.
A motion was made by Tony Hopp to pay bills as printed for membership at meeting. Eric Casias seconded. Motion passed
The $15.00 Attendance Drawing
Tyrone Dubose won for this month. CONGRATULATIONS TYRONE!!
Meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m.