BRANCH 2589 JULY MINUTES
The Regular Branch Meeting of NALC Branch 2589, Lubbock, TX, was called to order by President M. Links at 7:10 p.m on 7/18/19. The invocation was given by Tony Hopp. The Membership then said the Pledge of Allegiance. The roll call of officers was taken. All Officers were present except Fernando Small, Josh Smith and Toni Smith. Members that were added to the list were Fernando Small, Josh Smith, Toni Smith and Howard Steffens. M. Links read the attendance list for the June Executive Board and Steward Meetings. Matt Kuss and Jimmy Wilson were added. Adrian Diaz moved to approve the minutes as read in the July Newsletter. The Motion was seconded by Matt Kuss, the motion carried. A motion to pay bills as printed in the June Newsletter was made by Adrian Diaz. Seconded by Jeremiah Flores. Motion Passed.
1. The 4 zone moving still does not have a date.
2. The new signs for outside of building are in, just need to be picked up
3. Christmas Party Dec 7 at Union Hall. Looking for ideas on catering. We will be asking for new unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots and we will also donate $250.00 worth of toys to add to toys brought from the generousity of the carriers.
4. Those attending Fall School need to take care of their hotel room as soon as possible
5. We have 4 officers that have been accepted to Officer Training. 2 for aug 26-29 and 2 for Sep 16-19.
6. The Rap session is coming up Aug 9-11.
1. Conversions on Aug 3, 2019 of 3 CCAs.
2. The route adjustments have been done at Freedom and are in the process of working on Monterrey’s.
3. Those that were not paid the settlement at the Downtown station are being looked into.
4. No lunch info – Links got the letter from Steve to opt out of the no-lunch agreement. Steve wanted to try 3 guaranteed no lunches a week during summer and 2 a week during rest of the year. a discussion with the membership followed and was decided to not try this and to grieve the loss of no-lunches which will begin Aug 17, 2019.
There are no committee reports
Application for Membership
For the Good of the Association
We discovered the refrigerator in the hall is still working, The plug is bad and needs to be replaced.
The $15.00 Attendance Drawing
Tony Hopp won for this month. CONGRATULATIONS TONY!!
Meeting was adjourned at 7:59 p.m.